Optimize Mobile Experience for Your Website
If you are concerned about search engine ranking of your site, check the mobile-friendliness of it. Today it is one of the most crucial points of evaluating the site, so you have to dedicate enough attention to it.
There is a possibility to make your website friendlier for mobile users without large investments and huge amount of time. Here are some simple steps that you can use now:
- Check the window size of your website and reduce the width to the point when the site is still readable. After that set received measurements of the window as your preferred viewpoint. As a result, when your website will be accessed via mobile device, the user will see it at the most appropriate width and won’t have to zoom in on order to see something. That tricks with width can be avoided at the development stage: just make the size of the window adjustable to the size of the screen.
- Disable autocorrect and enable autocapitalize for input fields for user’s names – thus you will save a lot of nerves to your users.
- Change the width of your images: set the width to 100% and the proportions of the image will be shown in a size that fits the screen of the device. If you are using the images as a background then change the background size property. Make no bones, the quality of the image will be preserved.
- Make sure that the input fields of the site are not hidden beyond the edge of the screen of the mobile device.
- Disable submit button for a few seconds only. Mobile internet is not as stable as computer network, so there may be interruptions. If the submission failed because of a phone call or disruption of the connection, make sure that the visitor can repeat it.
- Make sure that the long text does not go beyond the edge of the screen – it has to break.
- Use targeted styles. As a result, the size of the images and pages will change when viewed on the mobile screen but the changes won’t touch the desktop computer version of the site.
- Disable fixed positioning of the design elements. As a result, header or sidebar will adjust their sides to the size of the screen.