The tutorials below will help you find out everything on what you need to develop a dynamic, professional website with Dreamweaver UltraDev 4 and get the most out of the service.
Getting started with Dreamweaver UltraDev 4
To create a web application using Dreamweaver UltraDev 4, the following is required:
- a web server;
- an application server running on your web server, or a web server, which doubles as an application server, for example Microsoft Personal web Server (PWS) or Internet Information Server (IIS);
- a database or database system;
- a database driver supporting your database system.
The exact requirements may differ depending on an application you are going to create (ASP application, ColdFusion application or JSP application).
Where to start
First, you need to install UltraDev 4 and then configure your system. The quickest way to configure your system is to get a Macromedia trial account. To configure your system on your own, read tutorials on this website.
Installing Dreamweaver UltraDev
You will need the following or newer hardware and software to run Dreamweaver UltraDev 4 on your computer.
For Microsoft Windows:
- Intel Pentium processor or equivalent, 166 MHz or faster; Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 5, or Windows 2000.
- 64 MB of random-access memory (RAM) and 170 MB of available disk space.
- Macromedia Flash Player to view the Guided Tours and Lessons. A Flash Player installer file is located on the CD, or you can download it from the Macromedia website at http://www.macromedia.com/software/flashplayer/downloads/.
For the Macintosh:
- A Power Macintosh running Mac OS 8.6 or 9.x.
- 64 MB of random-access memory (RAM) plus 130 MB of available disk space. Macromedia Flash Player to view the Guided Tours and Lessons. A Flash Player installer file is located on the CD, or you can download it from the Macromedia website at http://www.macromedia.com/software/flashplayer/downloads/.
Follow these steps to install Dreamweaver UltraDev on your computer.
To install Dreamweaver UltraDev:
- Insert the Dreamweaver UltraDev 4 CD into the computer’s CD-ROM drive.
- Choose from the following options:
- In Windows, choose Start > Run. Click Browse and locate the UltraDev installer file on the CD. Click OK in the Run dialog box to begin the installation.
- On the Macintosh, double-click the Dreamweaver UltraDev Installer icon.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
- If prompted, restart your computer.